Lifelong Health Begins Here
Baby-Friendly™ hospital designation, a 10-step process undertaken by hospitals and clinics worldwide, ensures that new moms have the information, confidence and skills to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding.
- In 2000, the Task Force adopted an initiative to eliminate formula discharge packs, one of the 10 steps, from hospital nurseries throughout New Mexico.
- To date, 18 out of 31 maternity care hospitals have “banned the bag” in New Mexico.
- In 2012 the task force received funding to support a movement focused on making every maternity care hospital in NM baby friendly.
Find out how you can support new mothers:
- I’m a healthcare provider – how can I support breastfeeding mothers?
- I’m a hospital administrator – how can I make my hospital Baby Friendly™?
- I’m a lactation professional – how can I support my hospital to become Baby Friendly™?
- I’m an expectant mother – where can I learn about and get support for breastfeeding?
- See all resources for creating Baby Friendly Hospitals and Clinics.