What do we envision for our state? A New Mexico where mothers and their children experience the health and bonding benefits provided by breastfeeding.
The New Mexico Breastfeeding Task Force is a coalition that promotes breastfeeding, and supports mothers, families, and communities by:
- Supporting hospitals and clinics in their efforts to achieve Baby-Friendly designation
- Empowering peer counselors to improve breastfeeding duration rates across New Mexico
- Improving workplace breastfeeding conditions
- Hosting an internationally recognized annual breastfeeding conference
- Advocating for supportive legislative policies and building chapter/community support
Join a local chapter to engage in community mobilization, breastfeeding advocacy and support!
OUR ROLE AND MISSION
The mission of the New Mexico Breastfeeding Task Force is to improve the health of New Mexico families by creating supportive environments in which breastfeeding is the cultural norm. We strive to bridge the gap in breastfeeding disparities and are committed to making sure all families have the support they need to reach their breastfeeding goals.
Our strategic plan is currently being updated
The New Mexico Breastfeeding Task Force is a 501(c)3 non-profit and is governed by these Bylaws